Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Resolutions, anyone?

New year, new you, right? It seems like everyone has their fair share of new year's resolutions. While most peoples' start with being a more frequent visitor at the gym and end two days later with "what the heck, there's always next year", i've decided to allow  myself some easier, more doable goals or aims. I feel like giving yourself smaller goals and lots of time to reach them, makes the whole thing seem a lot more approachable. I mean, I'm all for reaching for the stars and not stopping till you get there, but sometimes it's okay to just accept the fact that you're not gonna lose 20 pounds in the next three months and you're also probably not gonna be the next Anna Wintour, but hey, here's to the dreamers. What my resolutions are concerned, they are as follows:

1. Try not to always be late to everything or the last one ready all the time.

2. Get my teeth bleached- it's the coffee's fault, but i'm the one paying for it.

3. As expected- continue going to my gym classes AT LEAST 3 times a week. (See now if i go the 4th time which even though is normally in my schedule, i'll feel proud because I did more than I had planned. SCORE.)

4. Try every bra on before I buy it. Seriously, why does this need to be a resolution? 

5. Write at least twice a week- whether it's a blog post, an article, an idea...just write.

(6). I'd like to include reading to this list- like to always be reading a book, no matter how long it takes me but this might be a bit difficult with school this year so maybe i'll leave it off another year.

I could obviously go on for days, I'm one of those people that get so inspired to change their life around and become this new amazing, healthy, fit, gorgeous person who loves life and is like totally bangin. But that usually lasts for like 2 good minutes and then I'm back to just being cool with who I am. So let's see what 2013's got in store. Remember, we're all just happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment